Saturday, April 28, 2007

Now That Was Cool

Last night, Olivia Ayn Edgington-Desmont entered the world at 10:17, and I got to be there! Kerry was such a trooper. The labor seemed long and tortourous, but in hindsight it was very short. She did it naturally, again. It was the birth I wished I had had with Halen. Her midwife was perfect. I wanted to kiss the woman on the lips. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited to be able to have the birth I want in Oregon. It will be in my own home, in a big pool of water, with 2 midwives and an intern. I can't wait. Now that I've held little Olivia, 6lbs. 5oz., I want my baby. Halen was real good with her and gave her a kiss on the head. She's the tiniest thing you've ever seen, with the cutest nose. Watching a human being emerge into the world is quite an amazing experience. If you ever get the chance to attend a birth, take it! For my first birth, I was modest because I was so scared and didn't know what to expect. For the next one, I'd let almost anybody come. Too bad we'll be in a new city, far away from all friends and family. I think I've got a couple of aunts that will make the trip though. I hope so.
Sorry there's no picture. I forgot my camera. I have a fuzzy camera phone picture. I'll get one up soon.
Christy

No comments: