Sunday, November 06, 2005

oh dear!

Well, we had a bit of a scare yesterday. Friday night, I started puking my brains out. I continued puking and pooping yucky stuff (I could go into some nasty details here, but I'll spare you) all night long. I wasn't able to drink water or anything, because I would just have to go right back into the bathroom. I was so thirsty and so dehydrated by Saturday morning that I had a 100.5 fever and was having contractions. Dehydration can bring on early labor and I was DEHYDRATED, with a capital d-e-h-y-d-r-a-t-e-d! So we went to the hospital. They hooked me up the monitors and my contractions where only 4 minutes apart and pretty durn strong! That's right about where I should be when I'm starting active labor. Oh, and by the way, those buggers hurt. My stomach muscles are still sore. So they started an IV to hydrate me and gave me some anti-nausea stuff, which made me act a little loopy for awhile, but then put me to sleep. Poor Dan didn't know what to do when I was freaking out. They kept having to re-adjust the monitors because I couldn't stay still. I would just have to flail my arms and legs a bit every couple of minutes. 2 IV bags of fluid later, mine and the babies blood pressure where still up and the fever wouldn't break, but the contractions had slowed down. Oh, and I was done with the puking part, which was nice. They where going to let me go home, but changed their minds. More IV fluid, tylenol, and sleep finally broke the fever and the blood pressure. After about 10 hours, we got to go. I continued to have a few more randomly spaced contractions after we left, but they're gone now. I slept really good last night and I'm about to get back in that bed and sleep some more. I had to get up and eat and drink a little bit. It's nice to be able to eat again. It all happened so fast, we didn't really have time to tell anyone what was going on. So, I thought I'd fill everyone in here before you hear it somewhere else and don't know what was wrong. We're all fine, no premature baby, and he's moving around like normal. He was going a little crazy during all those contractions.
Well, I hope no one else catches this bug. It was terrible. I got it from my niece and nephew. I knew I shouldn't be hanging out with them cleaning up their puke, but that's my job. Okay, back to bed.
Christy

No comments: